Sunday, May 29, 2011

Changing Education Paradigms + the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time part II

      After watching the video of changing education paradigms again and have more understand of what Sir Ken Robinson was saying, I agree with what Robinson said. The part that I agree the most is that we should not divide students only by age. It is true that people with same age tend to have similar thoughts and actions. However, we cannot ignore the fact that some people are better than the others in the same age, or some better in descipline than the others. The most common thing in children, like us who are still getting education, should not be the age. It should be interest, in my opinion. I also agree that the system of education shouldn't be putting us students to sleep. They shouldn't be forcing us to study what we are not interested. They should be waking us up for focusing on what we like.

      Even though I have not yet read very much of the second portion of this book, I am immediately impressed by ch101. I never know that it is always better to change our decision when one door of the three is already opened. I always think that it is all about luck. Even when Christopher is explaining why it is always better to change the decision in the beginning I still do not get it. Until I see the graph that Christopher shows in the book, I finally realize the reason and I was very impressed by Christopher's logic. It is like seeing a magic trick (No kidding!) I am utterly impressed. I am liking this book more and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment