Sunday, May 15, 2011

Favorite Book: My Little Perfect World

      Well, before I introduce my favorite book to you, there is something you need to know. I am not a reader. I do not love to read. I am not the kind of person who spends her free time reading a book. I prefer watching movies. Therefore, it is hard for me to choose a favorite book since there are not many to choose from. However, there is one book that I particularly like. It is My Little Perfect World by a famous Taiwanese picture book writer, Jimmy. The reasons why I like this book are not only it contains a lot of cute pictures, but also that it writes a lot of feelings that I often experienced.
      The title is named My Little Perfect World, but in Chinese, it means I'm not a perfect child. Nowadays, parents put a lot of pressure on their children. My parents do not put much pressure on me, but I set my goals high because I don't want to let them down. This book is divided into a lot of different sections. Each expressing exactly what teenagers want to say. When I'm reading it, I keep nodding my head, thinking "Yeah! That is what I also feel!" It is amazing how Jimmy understands teenage thoughts so well. I really love this book. Not only because of the cute pictures but also because of its ability to express my feelings so well. I highly recommend this book to all of you!
      Also, it contains some really cool quotes! Such as...
      and...

Leave a comment! :)



1 comment:

  1. Maggie,

    Why don't you bring in the book for us to see?
    I'd personally like to know which parts you think show insight into the teenage mind. That excites me!

    Mr. Catlin

    ReplyDelete