Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-timent part I

     

 I found this book really interesting. Christopher, a boy with autism, expresses his feelings in a way that attracts me and cause me want to continue reading the book. He describes everything in details and explains the words that have the possibility to confuse the reader. I like it very much. The use of grammar is not really hard. You can completely understand what Christopher is trying to say.
      The part which I particularily like in this portion of the book is when he explains why he can't lie. (ch 37 (p.19)) He use an example of he eating Ready Brek and some hot raspberry milk shake for breakfast. If he says that he actually had Shreddies and a mug of tea, he starts thinking about Coco Pops and lemonade and porridge and Dr. Pepper and how he wasn't eating his breakfast in Egypt and there isn't a rhino in the room...etc. This shows that he is not ordinary. He is different. He is special.
      Reading this book allows me to understand how people with autism think and how do they live in their "own world." I like this book. It's a very interesting book. Hope you guys would read it someday if you have time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment