Friday, May 6, 2011

Favorite Author

Well, it's a bit hard for me to have a favorite author because I don't read a lot. But there is an author that I have some impressions besides George Orwell. He is Elie Wiesel. When I was in 9th grade with Mr. Avni, we read his memoir, Night. The reason why I like Wiesel is that he uses simple yet meaningful words to describe what he wants to say. I am really impressed by him because I can never express my feelings as well as him. His words are very clear and powerful and full of emotions. Night is a really really good novel that I highly recommend. It is about Wiesel's own feelings and experiences when he was sent to labor camps during World War II. It is not very long, but this novel is gonig to help you realize how bad did the Jews suffer from WWII and it's going to make you sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment