Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time part II (add on)

      After I finish reading the second quarter of the book, where Christopher found out that Father had lied to him the whole time that Mother was dead and Father confessed that he had killed Wellington, I felt that the book is getting more and more intense. When Christopher found out that his mother was not dead, I didn't know what to think and I didn't know what to expect from Christopher's reaction towards this. If I were him, I would also be very angry with Father. However, reflected to what Mrs. Alexanders had said, Father probably lied for a good reason. Therefore, I felt like my mind was just as complex as Christopher's. And after reading through the second letter, which Mother had explained why she left Christopher, I would probably be very angry with Mother also if I were Christopher. I could not accept the fact that the main reason why Mother had left was she fell in love with Mr. Shears yet she put it in the way that it seems like Christopher's illness was the main reason why she left. I mean a responsible mother would never leave her child no matter how difficult it is to raise the child. (At least that's what I think) Also, it is very irresponsible to leave the child to your husband to raise. Marriage is a promise. When you get married, you made a promise to stay with your spouse no matter what. Therefore, I could not accept the action of Christopher's mother. I felt that Father was a very strong, brave and responsible man. I would be on his side if I had to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment