Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time part IV

      This is the last quarter of the book. And after finishing the book, I am happy (like this J )because I've read a good book.
      When Christopher finally met his mother, I thought her mother would act like what she did before, which was not be able to be patient with Christopher. However, Mother seemed to have changed or whether she was just too glad that Christopher wanted to live with her.
      I almost cried when I read to the part when Christopher refused to talk to Father in Mother's place and the policeman had to take him away. I particularly like these sentences: "I cooked his meals. I cleaned his clothes. I looked after him every weekend. I looked after him when he was ill. I took hom to the doctor. I worried myself sick every time he wandered off somewhere at night. I went to school every time he got into a fight. And you? What? You wrote him some fucking letters." I felt that Father was very right. He did not run away from Christopher. Mother did. He was the one who really took care of Christopher. Not Mother. Every one can write letters. Yet, Christopher refused to talk to him. I felt my eyes were filled with water when Christopher wrote " And there were tears dripping off [Father's] face.
      Nevertheless, I am very happy that this book has a happy ending and Christopher finally willing to try to live with Father again. JJJ

No comments:

Post a Comment